Bully in the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dromo2189

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a six line and a leopard wrasse in my tank. The leopard was added about two weeks ago and six line about 2 months. Today for the first time the six line was chasing and seemed to be bullying the leopard. I never saw any agression from the six line before. And this seems weird considering the leopard is bigger. Is there a way I can stop it?

How large is this tank again? Wrasses don't usually get along, so this might not be something that can be solved with time, hiding places, or space to form territory.

It's a 65 right now but I'm setting up a 150. I just found it weird that they were fine until today.

Leopards are wimps. Six lines are jerks. Maybe over time it may stop but no guarantee. I had to move my leopard to a different tank as my melanurus destroyed him.

I didn't know if I should put him in the qt tank for a bit or I read u net them

I saw some guy in YouTube dealing with the same thing and he taped a picture of a bigger fish (bigger than the bully) to the tank and they stop fighting... maybe give it a try?

I keep 3 wrasses in the same tank
1 blue head wrasse
1 red coris wrasse
1 saddle wrasse
every once in a while they will chase one another but it stops after a few minutes
they all are about the same size I knew how it is common for wrasses not get along but they seem to do fairly well together I guess I got lucky
6 line wrasses just bullies in general I had 1 years ago he always picked on anything that was smaller than him usually killing them.

Yeah I was just shocked cause he always seemed to be shy and kept to himself

Back
Top Bottom