Can I grow mushroom corals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUElobster99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I've been looking around online and have gotten really interested in all the different varieties of mushrooms. Before this all I had seen were the dull brown and green ones at my LFS but I've found some pretty cool ones online. I was hoping to put them in with my g. Smithii mantis shrimp. The tank is a 20g high with a 10 inch trulumen 50/50 led strip and two Aquaclear 50s providing the flow for the tank. Is this a suitable environment for mushrooms or do I need to get more lighting? I attached a photo of one of the shrooms I was hoping to get as I don't know how much the care level varies between certain species.

Attachments

• 1427065079267.jpg
    1427065079267.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 204
I think you could keep them alive I have mushrooms growing in almost completely shaded areas. I would expect stunted growth but they would probably live. Kenyan tree corals and mushrooms have proven to grow in any light for me anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I like that seller. I have a few of his corals - they're really nice. Quick shipping and have had no problems except when I had to go out of town unexpectedly so I asked if he would wait a week shipping and it was shipped anyway and they died.

Mushrooms are easy and a great addition to a tank of any size. They are very adaptable to various lighting setups. They do best with good flow and moderate lighting. But they can also survive in pretty low lighting.

Back
Top Bottom