chaeto doing its job

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fijiwigi

Aquarium Advice Addict
In my recently added refugium I added Chaeto about 3weeks ago Someone sent me a small softball size piece for free in the mail. Here it is 3weeks later
[/ATTACH]
It has tripled in size. And sure enough my algae problem in my main tank went away. I used to get algae on the glass a few days after I cleaned it extremely frustrating and a royal pain. Now that my Chaeto is thriving I am at about 13 days since the last PWC and cleaning, The glass has only some coraline dots and practically no algae. One thing that I wonder about still is all of the bubbles inside my fuge, the sludge inside my fuge and the nasty scum on the surface of my refugium zone. There isn't any of that anywhere else in my tank but the refugium zone which is great I just found it rather interesting.

DSCF1039 Small Web view.jpg DSCF1041 Small Web view.jpg I went picture happy

To Reef or not to Reef that is the question?

Attachments

• DSCF1035 Small Web view.jpg
    DSCF1035 Small Web view.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
march o8 fish tank 002 Small Web view.jpg

march o8 fish tank 001 Small Web view.jpg

A nice deep purple coraline is starting to form but only on the rocks I ordered from The good DR fosters&Smith

I like the rocks too, lots of swimming, hiding, playing room.

No eggcrate no glue but extremely stable. I played around with them about 30 times They fit toghether like a jig saw puzzle. The big rocks acted as a base I got from DRS and the caribbean shelf like rock rested on top of them nicely. Plus I had an extra rock or 2 that I could not make work so I broke it up into pieces and used it for the refugium rubble. The Coraline was always on the fiji rocks But didn't really take off until I started leaving the light on all day which I really didn't want to do until the algae problem went away which it has thanks to the Chaeto I can now leave my light on all day with no algae worries.

So when I trim the Chaeto do I just rip some off or do I gently have to prune it with scissors. do you think my LFS would give me credit for a pile of it. Or know anybody that wants some. I have a feeling I will have massive amounts of it I didn't think it would grow so fast. Glass-Holes.com dope aquarium stuff This refugium light rocks, definately would recommend it for sure.

Back
Top Bottom