Cheap aquarium chiller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatalinaGoby

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone know of somewhere I can get a cheap aquarium chiller, or an easier DIY project? Thank you

There really is no such thing, as a cheap chiller. Your best bet would be to look on Craigslist, for a used one.

Flreefer said:
There really is no such thing, as a cheap chiller. Your best bet would be to look on Craigslist, for a used one.

Yup. Look in the classifieds of forums near you..ive been looking around and seen them at cheap as 90 bucks for a used one! :)

Dude?! Seriously?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow...$90 would be a steal. I spent several weeks looking and only found one for $100, but they were too far. Ended up with a 1/10 JBJ Arctica titanium for $250. Works great though and beats the heck out of running the AC low all day while at work.

a couple of $10 clip on fans blowing across the surface will do the same thing, keep my house at 79-80 and my 125 has 500 watt of MH 4 inches from the water and fans on a temp controller keeps it at 77.5-78.5

Ya I'm looking to keep my water at like 61-65 degrees. So I don't think that'd work haha

Im not sure why there is red writing below my first post...but yes. In one night i saw them for 100, 90, and 150...all within driving distance of me.

No I already have a nano aquarium with my Catalina goby. I'm looking to start a big aquarium with southern California species (sculpin, spotted bay bass, California stingray, etc)

Back
Top Bottom