Check Valve for dosing pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

i have a dosing pump on a float switch....my problem is whenever the pump shuts off it keeps on dripping. what type of check valve can i use for a 1/4 inch tube? i really dont know what to use...the only check valves are used for air pumps. i dont know if these will work for my dosing pump.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Produ...ll&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Np=1&N=2004&Nty=1

please let me know if these are the right ones..thanks

and where should i put the check valve ... in the resevoir or where the water enters the sump?

I thought a check valve only keeps water from travelling in the opposite direction than intended or against the normal water flow. For instance, a pump sending water to the tank above has water moving up. A check valve in that line would keep the water from coming back down into the sump if power was to go off.

Not sure you need a check valve from what you're describing. Sounds like you got something similar to a leacky faucet that won't stop dripping. Still, i've never used a doser, so maybe I'm missing something.

Back
Top Bottom