Cloudy Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

achubley

Aquarium Advice Newbie
New 50 g reef tank fully cycled, water parameters perfect. However when I turn on my circulation pumps it kicks up the sand even though they are pointing straight up towards the top of the water. Turn them off and water is crystal clear. Any suggestions?
:banghead:

Flow rate is 750 gph, right now I have them pointing staight up towards the top of the tank, If I put them anywhere else it really kicks it up.

Thanks

And this happens no matter what? What If you leave them on and let the sand settle to where its gonna go? Then maybe after it won't kick around once it finds its place in the tank. Just a thought.

It shouldn't be kicking up sand that bad. Have you tried moving the PH's up more?

It is not so bad that you can't see anything, it just looks cloudy, The only time I can get it to settle is to turn off the pumps completly. I have left them running for days and it just will not settle. So dang frustrating. I will give the PH a try right not its at 8.2. Don't want to raise it to much more

It is not so bad that you can't see anything, it just looks cloudy, The only time I can get it to settle is to turn off the pumps completly. I have left them running for days and it just will not settle. So dang frustrating. I will give the PH a try right not its at 8.2. Don't want to raise it to much more

When convict said move thr PH's up I think he meant the powerheads themselves. Just a heads up :)

Thats what you get for bein a newby. Ha ha.., and yes I rinsed the sand out bigtime.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom