Clown in Anemone (pic)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brett_mil

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All,

Well after a week of no interest, one of my clowns decided my BTA was a good place to move home to! I am really happy and thought I would share a pic or two.

Comments welcome!

Cheers

Brett

Attachments

• p1010025__medium_.jpg
    p1010025__medium_.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 205
Sweet! That is so exciting when that happens. I had my clownfish with an anemone for like three months before he decided to move in.

Local store just got some anemones in yesterday. They added it to a tank that had a black perc in it. They said it took him an hour...only one hour to take it as a host. Pretty cool. One day I may try an anemone. It will be a long while tho.

touch the anemone lemme know how painful the sting is

LOL

very beautiful how much did it set you out for?

I have moved all my anemones from transport bag to tank with my hands, and have not ever really had any problems from the stings. I think it varys how the effect different people.

Great pic of symbiosis.....Congrats

Got the BTA from the LFS for £28.

As ogden10 said, stings affect different people differently. I had no problem at all with this one.

More good news is that second clown has joined and they seem to be having more fun than ever!

Just a quick thought. It looks like you have a powerhead directly behing that anemone.

Maybe get a sponge or foam filter material and make sure it doesn't suck up their new home. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the PH advice, although the BTA seems to be set in his location and that nothing is going to be moving him soon. He is not as close to the PH as the photo looks.

The clowns were wild caught.

Back
Top Bottom