Vita chem & possible fungus(?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fids4ever

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all,

First of all I want to say thank you to any who choose to respond, I greatly appreciate you taking time for me.

Now, I'll address the recent advice I have gotten, (tyvm) I received my vita chem today on the advice of a member. So I'll keep you updated on whether this helps his fins. One thing though, holy crow I had a bit of a freak out. So I added it then proceeded to make dinner for my two parrots and towards the end, about 5-7 min after adding I saw white mini beads everywhere and I short term freaked thinking my boy had ich!!! Then realized it has to be from the vita chem and relaxed. Dude! You could have warned me!?!?!? Whew that was a scary minute or so. Ahem, Andy ;)

Also, I'm wondering what a fungus growth might look like and if you think the little bit of white on his head/eyes/mouth area could be that. Please let me know your thoughts, you may have to enlarge the pic to see it, I couldn't get the other side where it shows just a hint more. If it may be, please advise on a product that will work yet be safe for my guy. Ok, just got a couple more shots, also look in front of his fin.

I'm now doing 50% water changes twice a week, do not have the master kit yet unfortunately, but all the parameters still seem good and my ammonia strips always show none. Thank you again for all the advice.
One pic is the white beads, just to show what I freaked about and the others are about the possible fungus.
Thank you all for sharing your wisdom...

P. S. Sorry I went sideways AGAIN, I will try to remember landscape for pics, oopsy very sorry

Just got a much better pic to add, hopefully not sideways
With respect
Jodi aka fids4ever

Attachments

• IMG_20231119_175152771.jpg
    IMG_20231119_175152771.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20231119_180545261.jpg
    IMG_20231119_180545261.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20231119_175204116.jpg
    IMG_20231119_175204116.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20231119_180624425.jpg
    IMG_20231119_180624425.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20231119_181938454.jpg
    IMG_20231119_181938454.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Well, for starters, I have NEVER had VitaChem produce white balls so I'm not sure that is where it came from. It should have been a yellowish/greenish liquid so I'd confirm the use by date so what you got was fresh. You can also contact Boyd Enterprises at the address on the label to confirm that the white beads are " normal" or if that is from an outdated product.
Unfortunately, there is no good pic here for the white on the head you are asking about so if you can get a better one, please post. That said, since your fish showed signs of a bacterial issue attacking the fins, it would not be surprising if it's also on his head. The salt , clean water and the vitamins should help the fish gain enough strength to combat this but if it continues to get worse under those conditions, you will need to place the fish in a hospital tank and treat with an antibiotic. Because many of the better antibiotics suppress the biological filter in the tank, you do not want to use them in the main tanks. As for fungus, this is what fungus on fish looks like: https://azure.wgp-cdn.co.uk/app-pra...e=crop&format=webp&webp.quality=40&scale=both

Well, crap. Now I'm worried and will call number in morning. I've added a pic, it reminds me of orange juice and in the pic you can see the beads on the side of the opening. And not sure if this is good, bad or otherwise but there is literally no date anywhere on the bottle.
I will attempt to get better pics in the morning as well.i thought the last one showed what I was referring to very well. But again will try in the morning. And I wasn't trying to be rude btw, just messing around. Hope you didn't take it that way. I did legit have a freak out moment though, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20231119_200351272.jpg
    IMG_20231119_200351272.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 9
Well, crap. Now I'm worried and will call number in morning. I've added a pic, it reminds me of orange juice and in the pic you can see the beads on the side of the opening. And not sure if this is good, bad or otherwise but there is literally no date anywhere on the bottle.
I will attempt to get better pics in the morning as well.i thought the last one showed what I was referring to very well. But again will try in the morning. And I wasn't trying to be rude btw, just messing around. Hope you didn't take it that way. I did legit have a freak out moment though, lol.

Definitely contact the company. I never saw that with what I used. Maybe it's a new formula? Maybe you needed to shake the bottle better to better dissolve them? I just don't have experience with this issue with tis product.

As for being rude, if I thought you were, I'd flip you " the fin". ;) ;) :lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom