Clownfish Question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blacksteel

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a mated pair of Percula Clownfish and lately the larger one has been going down to the sand bed and has been "digging" with his tail and has made a considerable size depression in the sand bed near some LR. I was wondering if anyone has any idea why he would be doing this?

You think so? I thought that maybe thats what he would be doing but I wasn't to sure.

Is that why the big clownfish has become a lot more aggressive? Because before the pair always had one side of the tank and wouldn't care if any fish swam on their side of the tank but now if any fish comes in their side of the tank then the bigger clownfish will chase them away.

Yeah I know. it's really crazy to see their behavior change so much the bigger clownfish just stays near that one spot and never really leaves it.

if they do lay eggs are you gonna try and raise them? i had a pair that laid eggs once in my old tank but they just became fish food

Ya well I'm not sure if they will lay eggs or not but only time will tell. What makes me think they will is the fact that I've never seen him do this and they just started being territorial out of nowhere. And I'm not sure if I will try to raise the eggs I don't really have enough time/equipment to undergo that task lol

Yeah I really don't have the means to attempt to raise them, but it will still be cool to see their eggs and all that.

Back
Top Bottom