clowns and anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Gillman

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have been thinking real hard about buying a clownfish and anemone.Can anyone suggest a hardy fish anemone duo.I have a mature 90 gal.tank and mh lighting.Are anemones picked at by any fish such as wrasses?

BTA - Bubble Tip Anemone are easy to look after and clowns should host it. As said many times, Clowns dont need anemones, But most of the time they will host it.

Nope, nothing will hassle it i dont think, Unless its got a slime like the clowns?

I will say start off with 2 clowns, if u really want anemone wait for 6 months to get 1 i would say

If you're lucky, you might find an anenome and clown (or pair of clowns) already paired at the lfs. I see them at mine from time to time.

Got any coral in the tank now? As a new anenome finds the spot it likes, it might cause a bit of damage to neighbors I understand. Also, how about your powerheads. Anenome friendly? Just saw a post about one being sucked in and killed.

My only attempt at a clown and an anenome didnt go so good. They both totally ignored my BTA and had a relationship with other corals. I ended up getting rid of my BTA.

I bought a pair of clowns and a BTA last weekend. They were together at the LFS so I picked up all 3. 2 days later the BTA was half sucekd in the PH. I got home and had to cut the PH apart with wire cutters to get the anemone out but 4 days later the anemone is quite healthy and clowns are playing in it once again. Was up the whole night checking on it after I got it loose hoping it would be ok.
My only advice on anemone is till it gets a good hold on a spot make sure you dont have to much flow in the tank as I did.

My clown prefered a featherduster worm...
img_1042308_0_f3c5989fa78597bca18f7d63b623d224.jpg

i don't think there's anything in the world that could make my clown leave the powerhead

the BTA vs Powerhead pay-per-view event was likely my post :-?

They will wander until they find a spot they like. Mine kept hanging out in dark crevaces away from the light and then would take a little midnight stroll. I thought the PHs were safe......nope.

If you are looking at clowns to host in a BTA then you should look at false percs (ocellaris). I have two true percs and they preferred the area by the overflow box and totally ignored the BTA in the tank even when it was right beside them.

Back
Top Bottom