coral catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pYrOmAnIaC

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok i have 2 coral catfish in my 10 gal tank alone with and anemone. the other day i moved my rock around a little bit and i found something that looks like an egg. it is a small white ball covered in bubbles. i also noticed that they are digging a hole in the sand underneath a piece of live rock. they are both about 2 in long and i want to know if they r breeding. if they r breeding will the anemone eat the baby cat fish or do i need to move the anemone to a different tank?

not to shure what that could be but it might just be a fungus post a pic if you can.id move the anemone for safty cause you never know

well id take a picture but my brother broke my camera but im pretty sure that that its not fungus.

First off what kind of lighting do you have, and what kind of anemone is it? Also coral cats need a 75 gallon tank, and it is probbaly a sponge, or a bubble algae.

50/50 bulb? how many watts and what type is it? Normal flouresent, Power compact? Need the wattage and type.

I had coral cats digging under lr to their demise. If they are breeding most likely your skimmer or feather dusters will get them before they are of signifigant size. :(

They get huge, if they fit in a 10 gal then there not adults. Researching this before you buy them always helps...........

Back
Top Bottom