Coral Question..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ACoS

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, I just got myself 2 corals yesterday. One Kenya Tree Coral and the other is Toadstool Mushroom Leather Coral - Aquacultured. My question is how long will it take them to acclimatize? My Kenya Tree Coral seems to be doing fine but my Toadstool Mushroom has it's tentacle hidden. Is this normal? Im currently feeling it kent marine strontium & molybdenum and Kent Marine lodine.

Any help would be great! thanks.

Both are very hardy corals. i would not worry about the toad stool, perfectly normal. Whay type of lighting do you have? Be very careful adding iodine to your tank. Too much can spell disastor. i would not add anymore until you get an iodine test kit to see where your levels are at. Dosing trace elements is actually not "feeding" your corals, it is simply putting the elements back into the water. If you consider it "feeding" the chance of over-dosing the tank is pretty high. If you do regular water changes there is no need to add extra trace elements to the tank. Enjoy your new corals! Lando

Back
Top Bottom