Corals and anemones!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoodFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am planning on getting a few soft corals and a couple of anenomes for my soon to have clowns...I know I want a bubble tip anenome, but waht soft corals do you reccomend? i dont have enough lighting for hard corals
here are my lights http://hellolights.com/302xcoaqpcho.html the guys from lr.com said they have these on their 30 inch tank and their soft corals are doing fine.

TIA

I would say polyps/leathers are good starters oh and shrooms. Those were my first corals "zoos/shrooms. They are very hardy dont require much light and live of filter feeding but if nutirents arnt there then you will need to spot feed with baby brine frozen shrimp.

any suggestions on how I would know my nutrients? and if I am low, How can I raise them enough for the shroom to survive?

They will filter feed off of the food you feed your fish. No need to really feed them. If you have several of them, you can always pick up something like DT's Phytoplankton or Cyclop-Eeze and spot feed them a couple times a week. All the rest of the "nutrients" come from simple water changes. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom