Damsel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dewey

Aquarium Advice Freak
How do i get one of my damsels out of the tank? He keeps hidding in the live rock. ANY IDEAS Thanks Duane

Only one way take each rock out of the tank & search EACH HOLE Or Put a net in the water with some food in it wait and hope he goes for it be ready and fast.
GOOD LUCK.

What else do you have in your tank ?

:mrgreen: aldo

In all seriousness, I have heard of people doing that and being successful 8O

I would recommend one of the comercially available fish traps like "The Trap", By UltraLife Reef Products. They are kinda pricey, but, IMO, they are worth their weight in gold.

May I suggest a small stick of dynamite.

Perhaps a little bit much. Okay so my wife and I now hate these beautiful blue damsels. Should have listened to all the warnings. Now the bully damsels is confined and punished in the dreaded refugium. Let that be a lesson. As my wife put it.. " we will not tolerate that behavior in our tank.

So how did we catch him you ask? Wraped saran wrap around the opening of a large glass. Put some flakes in the glass and cut a small slit in the saran wrap. when Mr. Piggy the nast damsel saw the flakes he finally went throuhg the slit and into the trap. This took about 10 minutes or so.

Anyone want a free damsel? :lol:

damsel

Well i i got them out of the tank. To took out the rocks. I wish i would of read the post about the glass before i did though. imo going to have to remember that one. Thanks everyone- Duane

Back
Top Bottom