dosing help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EVMIII

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm dosing BRS two part Alk and Calcium and haven't been able to reach an equalibrium. I started dosing with a level of Calcium at 390 and 10 ml per day dosing of each. I have gradually increased to 25ml of Cal and 20 of Alk and still seem to be chasing my target of 420.

What levels are you guys dosing? I know I don't want to make drastic changes in levels so I have been gradually increasing. My LPS and SPS all seem healthy, but I don't want to stunt their growth.

Still new to Saltwater so I'm trying to get smarter. This site has been a huge help. Thanks.

Talked to LFS and he is dosing 40 ml twice a day. I don't have as many corals as his tank, but clearly I started low. I'm bumping up to 40 ml a day and I'll work it from there.

Thanks. I don't have anything to test magnesium now, but the third part of this BRS dosing regiment is magnesium. I was told to wait until I empty the calcium and all and then mix and add the magnesium suppliment. Sound right?

You should start dosing after you have adjusted the calcium and alkalinity to the point where you want it. So you would use soda ash and the calcium additive to get your levels where you want them AND THEN you dose two part to maintain those levels. BRS has a calculator on their site to get the ratio you need to add to get where you want to be. Two part is not meant to lower or raise parameters but to keep them steady. :)

Back
Top Bottom