Dwarf Lionfishes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would suggest something along the lines of about 50 gal. Not just in terms of fish space but managable waste load created by the types/amounts of food required for this particular species. It will also depend on if any other fish will be housed with the lion, the more you want the larger the tank needed.

Cheers
Steve

So the basic rule of the bigger the better applies here to...basically anywhere in the SW hobby.I jsut wanted to clarify that because I did some research and heard of some people keeping the Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfishes in 20 gallon or less.

azn_fishy55 said:
So the basic rule of the bigger the better applies here to...basically anywhere in the SW hobby.I jsut wanted to clarify that because I did some research and heard of some people keeping the Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfishes in 20 gallon or less.

That is not a good thing 8O 4o gallons minimum I would say.

IMO if they are by themselves 30 gallon minimum.

If you want other fish, like already stated, around 40 and up would be a good size tank.

And yes as many of you know I have mine in a 10. Im waiting for my couisn to get his sw tank so he can take it but most likely im just going to give it to my lfs. I would really not recommend it. Mne has been growing a lot lately and he doesn't have much room.

I've heard anywhere from 4-6 inches.

It seems like it'll fit but when you actually have one in a 10 you'll see why i think it's cramped lol.

Back
Top Bottom