Fake corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Openbrain

Aquarium Advice Activist
O some o you know i have a problem with my Clarkii Clown fish making my brain coral mad... Almost killing it.

What do you think about me adding a fake atlantic sea anemone? $18.00 online...

It's not a promise that it will host it. It might stay with the brain. I wouldn't really want to add one to my tank, but they have came a very long way with fake decorations so it might look nice, don't really know.

needmorecowbell said:
It's not a promise that it will host it. It might stay with the brain. I wouldn't really want to add one to my tank, but they have came a very long way with fake decorations so it might look nice, don't really know.

I know! I looked at one made by Atlantic and they are so cool.

If i get a real one anyone know what particular anemone it likes? Its trying to host my hairy mushroom right now.

Its desperate i guess

I wouldn't get an anemone. They are pretty hard to take care of and they sting corals. You cant place them and they'll stay, they are always moving until they like where they are at. Bubble tip anemones would be your best bet if you do want one though.

Most clowns will host a bubbletip. The next most "universal" host is a sebae (MUCH more delicate) followed by a long tentacle (only a little more challenging than the bubbletip).

Needmorecowbell is correct that you do run the risk of a nem stinging corals and there is no way to make them sit still. My LT found a good spot and has moved maybe 4" to the right or left. I got lucky.

Interesting how mine is hosting the hairy mushroom. I wonder if there is a long tentacle hairy mushroom.

Why is it that she irritates the brain coral but wouldn't on a anemone?

I'm pretty sure it's because of the sugar instead of protein coating on the clownfishes skin, I could be wrong though.

needmorecowbell said:
I'm pretty sure it's because of the sugar instead of protein coating on the clownfishes skin, I could be wrong though.

So..... Clownfishes taste sweett...... Lol

Back
Top Bottom