Fedex...arghhhh!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mobius_1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I placed an order on liveaquaria.com last Friday for some new livestock. Its my second time ordering from them as my first experience with them went well. The order shipped out yesterday, and was scheduled to arrive today before 3pm according to the FedEx tracking email.

This morning I checked the status of the shipment, and it said in was at the Chicago sorting facility at 5am. I'm thinking "Great!"..I live in the Chicago burbs so the shipment must be going as planned. Being excited and giddy, I checked the status again at 9am...and now it says it's in Memphis.

A few hours later I get a call from liveaquaria saying that FedEx has had 'mechanical problems' that will prevent my order from arriving today and instead will arrive tomorrow. I don't know how 'mechanical problems' makes a Chicago-bound package leave Chicago and end up in Memphis. They also said to take twice as much time when acclimating after they come in.

So obviously i'm worried that my livestock will be dead upon arrival tomorrow. Assuming they do arrive tomorrow, they will be stuck in a little bag for the past 48 hrs. Anyone have any similar experiences where their online order doesn't come until the second day? And if so, what was your survival rate? I ordered a candy cane coral, a red lobophylia, a toadstool leather, and a small blue tang and scarlet cleaner shrimp which were going into my QT tank. Any ideas how they will fare when they arrive?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can almost assure you the coral will be fine and the blue tang might be dead, they are very weak fish; a sissy fish, if you will...

Ugh...yeah I was most concerned about the blue tang and shrimp, thinking that the corals would have the best chance at surviving.

liveaquaria I don't deal with them any more way to many issues

good luck with your claim

2 months and I'm still waiting for a refund

As far as fed ex goes I ordered a new light last week. Got on today to take a look at the tracking number its been delivered in Wyoming....im in georgia so they tell me they will pick it back up tomorrow and get it to me ASAP keep in mind it shipped Monday last week. So now let's see how bad the mess this up.

My liveaquaria order came in this week....i hate my fedex guy! Every time he comes into my office he is on his phone holding my fish pkg. sideways under his free arm. This week he dropped it on the floor and said "here's your pkg". Hes a jackass. by the way, fish was rattled but fine. However not the pkg treatment you want to see with a $70 fish inside. :banghead:

If you think that's bad you should see how they handle packages at the distribution center

Back
Top Bottom