Pleased to Meetcha!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShanLPardy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone. I'm Shannon, and I'm returning to the aquarium hobby after many years absence. I had my first aquarium when I was about 10 years old - then had another at about 25. Finally in a place now that I can afford to get a 30 gallon and all the proper setup, I'm currently in the process of collecting everything I need to get my tank up and running, hopefully to get my fish soon. It's all very new to me - live plants, fertilizer, creating a complete ecosystem for the fish, and I'm looking forward to setting up my tank.

I currently don't have a tank listed under my profile as I'm in the process of getting all the pieces I need (the first 30 gallon tank I bought arrived at my house shattered, so it's on to another!), but I can tell you what I'm getting. I have a 20 gallon Top Fin essentials aquarium, Aqua Clear 30 Power Filter and medium, a basket to go inside the filter to ensure it all works properly, air stone, air pump, sand, some small stones.... I'm getting White Cloud Mountain Minnows so no heater is required, although I have one that came with a kit, so I'm good there.... I bought some live plants that are currently living in a bucket in my bathtub (seeing as my original aquarium was broken), but I'm planning on picking up one tomorrow so hopefully the plants can be put in soon.

I'll post pictures when I finally have it set up (but still fishless), and definitely would like to hear advice or suggestions on how it could be improved.:)

Hello Shannon,

Welcome from a fellow newcomer myself. I'm also new to aquariums and fish. Good luck

Fids4ever

Back
Top Bottom