feeding with nori?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lziarek

Aquarium Advice Freak
for all who feed nori to their herbivors, do you always have some clipped into the tank and replace when its eaten or do you clip in a set amount per week? It makes sense that for grazing species one would have some always present, but im not sure if thats "The way" to do it or not.

I clip in the am and the pm every day. May sound like a lot, but my Yellow, both my Heni's and my Angel all graze on it. Even my clowns hang around getting the little pieces.

I clip 1/2 a 8X11" sheet every other day (as best I can remember). I dont remove anything as its all eaten within an hour or so of adding it.

I dont have the opportunity to remove it...I put out 2 clips and when I get home, its all gone. I will most times put out another clip in the evening.
Does that stuff rot in your tank as much as reg food??
Also along the same lines, do you ever clean out your sump? I noticed I have quite a bit of "gunk" in the bottom of mine...cant tell if its good stuff or bad stuff.

Back
Top Bottom