Feeding your Anemone you decide.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you feed your Anemone?

• I feed them all the time.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No I rather let them get what I feed the tank.

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Both

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just want to see how many people out there actually feed there Anemone's. Me personally I don't feed them they get what ever I throw into the tank.:)

I dont have one now but when I did I did not target feed it. IMO they get all they need from the water column and lighting. Also your clowns will feed them too.

That Lady is retarded, she must not read up on photosynthesis. I have yet to feed my RBTA and it is as Healthy as you can imagine. Also she must no know that her clowns feed it to... Like MELOSU mention... Here is what mine look like and it's already split..

Here is is when I first got it about 5 months ago
img_1001791_0_c4bd78f19be56eb2092d51458971b67a.jpg

This is today
img_1001791_1_a2cdd548a693d1beb3c0f7d2958a6938.jpg

Nice, you guys and gals are correct. If you have enough light there is no need to feed your RBTA. Feedings would help if you don't have enough light. The best way is to get enough light and let your tank do the rest.

my clowns are not playing with mine

I will let you know how it works out

I do have lots of light but I kinda alos love to see it eat a fish

Start with some silversides and feed it once a week. Use your hand to wave the sliverside on to trigger the anemones feeding response.

I feed my shrimp every 2nd day. They have a mouth/anus for a reason. I find that if I feed it small shrimp every 2nd day she is large and content. Photosynthesis can only go so far. There is much more energy in a piece of shrimp/fish than a day of photosynthesis. I am not saying that either is better then the other. I feel that you should have great light and top it up with a little protein/vitamins and minerals

That must have been a great feeling. Great work...now for some photos,lol

personally

Just want to see how many people out there actually feed there Anemone's. Me personally I don't feed them they get what ever I throw into the tank.

Thought I would add some pics of my girl feeding

1st pic if her eating, she ate it before I could dry my hand and get the camera
eating.jpg

2nd pic is her opening up and wanting more (she did not get it)
after-food.jpg

And the last pic is just a pic of my clown (for no reason just to show)
clown1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom