first power outage of year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bskerrichard27

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I knew it would come and kinda been waiting to see if everything I got to prepare my tanks would work out so far so good ...after others a few months ago lost live stock due to storms I had to prepare all tanks are up and running except a nano that was to far from generator its got a bat powered airstone 3 hours no power but my tanks are up and running lol chillers and all

Sounds like you did some great planning! I should follow your lead, and find a darn generator. Been pushing my luck for years, and I know the day is coming, especially during hurricane season!
Great job, way to think ahead! :)

Haha! Yeah, I think that's a pretty common thread...sometimes I think about the giant FOWLR i would have, if my wife was into the hobby like I am. Maybe someday she'll wake up and realize how much she wants an Emperor Angel!
Hope you get your power back soon. :)

My wife loves the fish, just doesnt want to deal with any of the maintenance and stuff. Which im fine with. I am happy she likes the fih and is supportive of m interest in it. She actually is onboard with the 300 or bigger gal reef aquarium i want to build into m ouse eventually. Anyway i just had a storm roll through last week that knocked the power out for 6 hours! No generators. Everything went fine. We don get many storms like hat here though. Power outage is rare, unless you don pay the bill. Haha!

Lol its kinda the norm hear this time a year so know that I got tanks I had to be prepared

I get pretty lucky even tho I'm in Florida. I live about 2 miles from a hospital and am in the same power grid- so I pretty much never lose power for more than 20 minutes. (knock on wood). I do need to finally hook up my battery back up though. Lol

Back
Top Bottom