Fish Behavior - Yellow Watchman & Green Chromis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

badfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i just got a yellow watchman and green chromis. After a long accimilation the goby got into the tank and went into hiding, he has been underneath the same peice of LR for hours now, is this normal? after he gets used to his surroundings will he come out? Also the Chromis was all over the place, but after lights out he is also hiding underneath the liverock, is this normal night time behavior? it was funny because i looked in my tank, and was like where are my new fish?

Sounds pretty normal, all the fish i have did the same thing when i first added them to my tank, their just getting used to it.

i thought it was weird, because my clowns tended to stay in the corner at first but they never hid, the chromis are just staying in place underneath the liverock, swimming in place. Is this their way of resting/sleeping?

thats how my chromis slept too, my yellow tail damsel also does the same thing.

My chormis school together all over the tank. I think it is very normal for them to be all over the tank like that. I dont have a yellow tail anymore, but when I did have one, it seemed to hide a lot.

Back
Top Bottom