fish trade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MYTY1705

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am having to get rid of my humu trigger. :( :( He has started eating at air lines and my niger trigger. :evil:
I hate to see him go he is so beautiful.

I was wondering what ya'll thought of the black and white heniochus for a tank mate to the niger trigger.

The niger is very docile taking to snails and hermit crabs in the tank and not messing with them at all. Will this be a match or will the niger badger it???

I would be careful with the heni. in an aggressive species tank. They tend to do best in peaceful tanks. I am assuming you do not have corals of any kind so the type of hani. you get will not matter ( some are reef safe, some are not). Remember that these are schooling fish so they do best in groups with lots of swimming space. For better health you should get two or better yet three so they can school.

The only other fish that would be in the tank at this time would be a niger trigger.
So I assume the niger is still to agressive? Them being the more docile of the trigger species??
I'm trying to get away from the more agressive species so I can have a fwe fish my wife wants, but I love love love my niger trigger.

I also have read that there are two, heni. diphreutes schooling and heni. acuminatis solitary?? Is this correct? Or do I need a school for both types?

you are correct that the niger is a peaceful trigger. how big is your tank? You may be able to pull it off if you have the right size tank and get a group of heni. There are a lot "guidelines" as far as fish pairing but , honestly, it really depends on the actual fish you get. Like people, they have their own personality so may just have to see what happens. good luck.

65 gal. 4 ft. long x 2 ft. tall x 14 in.
will that large enough
some say 55 some say 75
me right in middle

You should be fine if you get three small heni. However, they do grow to be pretty big so there may come a time when you have to get rid of them. It is a good idea, watching schooling fish in an aquarium is pretty cool!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom