New fish mommy advice please and thank you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rebecca1987

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So my 19 year old son decided to bring home a 20 gallon tank and start him a tropical fish tank well guess who got left with taking care of it Mama at first we were having problems bad we lost a few fish I found out that it was thin rot I believe which is called the ich not sure if I'm right about that but I bought medicine for that and treated the tank but I feel like its not helping I don't know what to do I have four Guppies and one Molly and two snails which are mystery snails my guppies two of them look like they're losing their color they did they lost the color on the top of their body what is that from one of my guppies still has white spots on its Fin and I traded them about a week ago should I treat again or just wait and give it time to heal if you can give me any advice or help me out in any way I will appreciate it he's going for a tropical fish tank please and thank you

Please take a read through the "unhealthy fish" sticky and answer the questions as thoroughly as possible. If you dont know, say i dont know. For water parameters quote the numbers your test kit has indicated.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/before-posting-about-unhealthy-fish-read-this-32451.html

A good quality, clear photo will help with diagnosis.

How did you treat the tank for the fin rot/ ich? They arent the same condition BTW, but lets see where the above answers lead us.

I treated it with ick x that's the name of it after treatment I didn't lose anymore fish but now one of the has white spots on its to fin that one is a guppie

I can get one for u
Yes. Thats a link to the unhealthy fish sticky. The thread there has a lot of questions and you need to go through all the questions and answer them as fully as you are able.

If you dont know the answer, say "i don't know"

Also a photo of the infected fish is important as there are other medical issues that arent ich, but can easily be mistaken for ich if you dont know what to look for.

Assuming it is ich though, you need to raise the temperature of the aquarium water to 80f/ 27c and medicate. Keep the medication in the aquarium for at least 5 days after the last signs of ich have vanished. If you dont raise the temperature the medication needs to be in the tank for a month or more.

This is a good thread to read through that explains what ich is and how to treat it.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/is-this-ich-im-new-381658.html

Back
Top Bottom