Flam Angel Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

'8835th

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Could I keep a flame angel in a FOWLR Tank? I've read that any type of angels are more difficult to keep but would he go with damsels, clowns and yellow tangs? Any advice?

IMO there shoulndt be any problem as long as your tank doesnt become over stocked and the flame has plenty of hiding spaces.

HTH

by the way my flame is in a reef and it doesnt bother any corals

The best place for a dwarf angel is in a FO or FOWLR tank. This will keep the potental for it nipping at corals to a minimum since there wotn be any corals.

From your stocking list I am hoping your tank is at a minimum 55 gal, preferably 75 or larger. The flame will get no larger than 4" in size.

The Flame Angel is the most poplular of all pygmy Angels. Although not the most difficult of pygmies all Angels are fussy. The most common problem is illness. Cloudy eye, a bacterial infection is the most troublesome. Otherwise if you can get it to eat you should not have any problems past the first six weeks. They need at least 30 gal. The only other crucial thing to remember Angels CANNOT be kept other Angels!

Back
Top Bottom