Flame angel in my 38 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AR15 guy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Could I keep a dwarf flame angel with 2 O. clowns, a royal gramma, and a firefish in a 38 gallon?

I know that would be pretty much fully stocked. But after I get the gramma I am going to keep an eye on the water. About the only other fish I really even want would be a flame angel. Think this would be a possible combo? I don;t have any corals so the flame couldn't hurt that.

TIA.

You're at 30% with all 3 fish (inches to gallon ratio) and the conservative recommendation is 20%. Your fish are all small though and with no large poop producing machine it looks like you might be ok. Rumor has it you could have more inches of small fish than inches of large fish. Definitely watch the parms after you add the gramma and make sure that you're holding steady for a while before adding the flame. You could aslo try bringing your rock up closer to 1.5-2#/G before adding the next fish. That might give you a little more wiggle room!

I have an 8lbs rock and a 4 pound rock in my 10 gallon that is about to get moved. That should give me a lot of rock. Its base but there is some liverock in the 38 gallon to seed it.

How would a flame angels temperment be towards smaller peaceful fish?

Do they need a lot of LR to graze on? Or would I be ok feeding a flame angel prepared foods? This tank has been up for almost 2 months and there is 0 algea. I have been feeding the hermits seaweed select so they don't starve.

They do not need LR but it is beneficial. They should eat a prepared food just fine

Back
Top Bottom