Fragging mushrooms??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soccerdude

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I found 2 great mushroom corals on the back side of one of my big pieces of LR. I just noticed them and am thinking of ways I could possibly move or frag them. And tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.

So I found 2 great mushroom corals on the back side of one of my big pieces of LR. I just noticed them and am thinking of ways I could possibly move or frag them. And tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.

You can cut them off with a razorblade theyll heal just fine to frag em you cant cut them in half and theyll grow another mouth that simple shrooms are among the easiest to frag

From the research I've done like dan stated above slice them in half right down the middle and then rubberband them to a piece of live rock. It will take about 1 month for the shroom to bond the rock. I am unsure if you can glue them right away. They are easy to frag however have not had any experience.

What i do is like i said before cut them in half or even in fours it dont really matter theyll grow new mouths but after i cut them i put all the cuttings in a bowl with lr rubble in a corner of my fragtank there theyll attach and recover and dont move around

Glueing mushroom frags is very difficult. Their slime makes them very hard to glue down and stay. What I did was grabbed a little Tupperware container and grabbed some lr. Placed them in there for a good couple of weeks and they attached.

What i do is like i said before cut them in half or even in fours it dont really matter theyll grow new mouths but after i cut them i put all the cuttings in a bowl with lr rubble in a corner of my fragtank there theyll attach and recover and dont move around

I rarely had luck glueing them as stated they slime up pretty good

For soft corals like mushrooms you can also use a needle and fishing line to tie it to a rock then cut and remove when attached.

Back
Top Bottom