FREE fish !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

c0mf0rt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I picked up a hard coral today.... they said it was a Hydrophoria ??? I think.... it had a few zoos attached.... anyway I picked it up for $25 and got home to notice that I also recieved a "goby" I think.... it's really small... maybe just over an inch... green with pinkish stripes along the face.... he's pretty kewl....

I need help though... I'm trying to find out more info on the coral.... and the fish..... any help on the correct names would be helpful......

the fish is a green clown goby we just bought one "on purpose" the get up to about 1.5" and love to sit in branchy coral. does yours look like this pic? this is ours in our toadstool

steve r

I was gonna suggest the green clown goby also. Also, was the name of your coral Hydnophora (horn coral)? Identifing what you have will help others help you with their care. Good luck.

That's the fish....... it's hard to tell if it's a Hydnophora though.... It's stony and has the usual actinic green glow... but I haven't seen any "fleshy" polyps etc yet...

Here is the link for the green clown goby:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=159

Not sure what else you have, but it should not bother anything else in your tank as long as nothing goes after it. I have one in my setup that does well with the larger fish and actively competes for food. Typical behavior for mine it to perch on some rock or coral skeleton and then dart out for food.

Good luck,

Yeah thanks... he's a kewl little sucker... I really wish I could figure out the coral though.... I'll keep looking..... looks REAL nice under the lights though......and of course the zoos that came with it are an additional bonus.....

I think it is a Hydnophora exesa ... branching horn.... I keep reading about how aggressive it is... any ideas on how far away it should be placed from other corals??? the only thing even close is some Xenia starting to move up that way.... I guess it could help me out with keeping the Xenia from getting outta control huh??

please read last couple of posts... I was also wondering.... if it is sooooo agressive why would it be letting zoos grow on the small dead portions?????

Are pu sure there zoos??? Make sure there not aptasia or majano anemones, both of these are pests...
Good deal for $25.....

They're either zoos or some sort of polyps..... look like zoos to me... orange/green with bright orange center.......

Back
Top Bottom