Hair Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
The tank parameters are back to just about 0's across the board. Nitrites, ammonia are zero, nitrates are falling like a brick and are at 10, phosphates just barely register on the chart. We have a new aquamedic protein skimmer due on Wednesday, as is an RO unit.

As soon as the RO unit is operational and has done enough for a water change, we will change out about 50 gallons.

What else can I do/buy/whatever to get rid of this hair algae? The scrubbing with a toothbrush just is not very effective, only the tops break off. Also, there is too many rocks with corals on them to make this viable.

Many many hermits? I had to buy 20 this weekend, they are mowing nicely...I need another 20 though. I think also, the algae will use up the nutrients and cause its own demise if care is taken to not add the nutrients faster than it can eat it...I guess what I am saying, is, skimming, your RO water, and fuge will disipate it enough that the nuisance algae won't have a chance...JMO :) Good to see everything is coming back together for you....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom