Help Fast Yellow Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltwaterman

Aquarium Advice Regular
Help my yellow tang just sunk to the bottom and still alive!!! No movement but gills and fins. Please help , I believe it happen do to do much stress after my aquarium algae clean up

72gallon he's been in there for many months

Clown fish and some bangini cardinal and some heritage and cleaner shrimp

What do you mean parameters

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly I think he's dead should I remove him before harmful chemicals are released or should I still believe.

image-1611204782.jpg

This is him now

If you have salt mix, you can use distilled water as an emergency solution. Otherwise, you're going to have to wait =/

I'm confused. If he's been in there for months, that implies a cycled tank, so you should have Nitrates, but no ammonia.
You say you did an algae cleanup. What exactly did you do? Do you, by any chance, have a deep sand bed, or any other anoxic areas that may have been disturbed?

MacDracor said:
I'm confused. If he's been in there for months, that implies a cycled tank, so you should have Nitrates, but no ammonia.
You say you did an algae cleanup. What exactly did you do? Do you, by any chance, have a deep sand bed, or any other anoxic areas that may have been disturbed?

Yes I did do I algae clean up, I be alive I took the cleaning a little to far and disturbed the fish and all died except for a couple, 250 worth of fish gone. Lessened learned.

I think there's something else going on here than just disturbing the fish while cleaning. Were there are extremely thick patches of algae, perhaps with something dark colored and slimy beneath it? Was there a lot of cyano? Was the tank overgrown with algae and you razorblade cleaned every wall?

The algae I had didn't need to be razor bladed. I was the brown and hair algae and the only other thing was maybe while I was cleaning the sand some sand might of got in their gills and killed them. Other than that, that's all I did.

So strange. If everything died, then something is fishy here. You haven't been using tap water, have you?

I've created many sandstorms in my tank, never has anyone died. There has to be something else going on. Think of the ocean, sand gets disturbed all the time, fish can handle the sand.

Sorry everyone died :(

Using tap water is not going to kill them either. If your fish are laying down or looking bad then for goodness sake make up a batch of saltwater with tap if that is all you have. Use something to remove chlorine and match temp and salinity quickly and get the fish in the bucket.

Did your inverts die too?

Back
Top Bottom