Help please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Sorry for all my posts but I just checked my water levels and they are insainly high please help

Attachments

• image-3826302997.jpg
    image-3826302997.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 65
No it's not my levels have been perfect but I did add more live rock the other day I done a 45% water change and ill go see my local fish experts tomorrow I currently have 2 turbo snails plate coral morph coral and a torch coral

The tank is cycling. Is there anything in as far as live stock? If there is you need to do some massive water changes to get those levels down ASAP.

No it's not my levels have been perfect but I did add more live rock the other day I done a 45% water change and ill go see my local fish experts tomorrow I currently have 2 turbo snails plate coral morph coral and a torch coral

It's probably die off from adding more live rock, its causing another cycle. Water changes will be your friend.

How much rock? I can assume it wasn't fully cured rock by the look of those tests, the die off from them is causing the spike I would say. How big is the tank?

It's only a 9 gal nano and it was maybe 1kg of rock ill be doing major water changes daily I done 45 % ronoght

Also be sure your salinity is matched properly and temp. Also check your pH in new water. You might wanna mix something like a 5 gallon bucket and have it ready.

I'm trying to remember if you did one of theose Dr Tim's cycles. I do remember that you said you had 0 nitrates AFTER your cycle was complete, and I commented that you hadn't cycled then. Because you have not cycled your tank AT ALL (hence the 0 nitrates after you thought you had), adding anything that poops or dies will cause a spike in your levels and start a real cycle. Turbo snails do very poorly in nitrate and nitrites and will likely die, causing even more issues. corals also do poorly in ugly water and will probably die. your should get the corals and turbos out of your tanks and perhaps your LFS will hold them for you for 1-2 months while you do a proper cycle.
Or, after everything dies and then cycles, you can buy new stuff. Your choice.

Back
Top Bottom