help with Maxi-jets yet again...help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bschnuck

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can someone please walk me through the way you have you assembled your Maxi-jet 1200's? I have tried everything and after 3 days these things are still making this humming noise. I know these must be good pumps, given how recommended they are on this site, and since they both are making noice it must be something i did. Thanks for your help.

Atari....you've helped with everything question ive posted, thank you.

i just followed the directions that came with it except i didnt put the air tube on it so that it doesnt blow air in my tank...make sure that the ph isnt resting against anything because that would cause a vibration....mine humm a little but it isnt disturbing at all...they are very quiet all in all

I have 2 x 900's & one of those seems to be twice as loud as the other, can't see no reason for it & can't seem to do anything about it :(

At times like this it seems worth spending a little more in the LFS & being able to return such things than over the net :(

Might buy another from the LFS & see whether thats any better if nobody can help us on here?

Cheers Shelton.

Have you checked inside the pump to be sure nothing is amiss with the impeller and it's seated correctly? That will almost always be the source of any noise unless the pump itself is touching another hard surface.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom