Help with Purple Star Polyp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

22engine

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just bought a 4by5 mat of PSP and the plan is to mount it to the back wall so I will cover it and be like purple grass. I tried super clue gel and it worked ok but the is parts that aren't sticking. I tried puddy and small rock pieces and that didnt work. Am looking for ideas to hold it to the back wall until it grabs hold by itself. Any help I appreciate.

image-3421365593.jpg

Here is a shot of it now

try egg crate
like the stuff they use in frag tanks

glue it to the crate then hang it on the wall with fishing line might be best way to give it something to grab on to as it grows

That's an idea. I wish there was an epoxy that could be used under water and be sticky enough to hold it until cured.

lock tite gel is water resistant I love it , it's all I use to glue frags to rocks than add them to tank as soon as it grabs less than 2 min don't know about gluing directly underwater might get stringy and I would be afraid sucking water into glue bottle itself , I always do outside tank just blot everything to be glued dry

54seaweed said:
lock tite gel is water resistant I love it , it's all I use to glue frags to rocks than add them to tank as soon as it grabs less than 2 min don't know about gluing directly underwater might get stringy and I would be afraid sucking water into glue bottle itself , I always do outside tank just blot everything to be glued dry

That's what I used. I used a paper towel and dried the back of the mat and then used the gel I used a entire small tube maybe not enough. I may use a tooth pick and prop it up so it holds the loose pieces to the wall until it grabs itself

Starting to get annoyed. Really like the way the plan was in my head and now I can't seem to get it to work.

Ok So the last piece of it that was hanging down I used a straw wedged against a rock to hold it up. Hopefully it won't take long to take hold and I can remove it and put my live rock back to we're I had it.

bigben2057 said:
Epoxy sculpt cures under water and I use it too glue everying down it sticks too glass too.

Thank you will look into that def. is that at a home goods store or ?

Back
Top Bottom