Hey everyone havent been for a while

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gooyferret

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well im glad to be back to the website its been probably like a year! I now have a 125 gal with a 30 gallon sump. Im having some not a lot of micro bubbles coming back from my sump in the return. I have a bubble trap in the sump but dont seem to be stopping the micro bubbles from skimmer....what am i able to do to solve this problem. Its the all glass aquarium with dual overflow and returns. Im running a RIO 3100 and 2100 for return pumps. My skimmer is the AquaC Urchin Pro with the mag 3 for a pump. The tank is looking very good otherwise besides the little amount of micro bubbles that are coming from the returns. I have a little bit of a hair algae problem but the orange shoulder and hermits are taking care of bussiness on that. Got the orangeshoulder for $15... :) I will post some pics in a while any advice of the bubbles would be great. Also have 3 250wat metal halides on the tank and ready for some corals anyone know a good place and cheap to buy corals online? Thanks for any help!

Gooy

Have you truly troubleshooted and determined the bubbles are comming from the skimmer? I ask this cause there are other things that can cause the microbubbles in the tank. For example if your pump intake is reducing the flow of water into the pump its possible the pump's impeller may be cavitating causing these air bubbles. In addition its possible some of your return plumbing might have a small air hole thats permitting the injection of air.

Its strange that your skimmer would all of a sudden start to expell microbubbles. It might need a good cleaning.

The protein skimmer is brand new well a month and a half ago anyways. I have flex vinyl hose for the returns and they are tight with no holes in them. Nothing is restricting the flow for the pumps you can actually see the micro-bubbles coming down through the bubble trap.....I cant think of anyway how to stop the bubbles from coming down through the bubble trap. Any ideas? I figured maybe that i have to much flow throught the bubble trap and its forcing the bubbles down through the trap but i turned one pump off and it still is coming through the trap. Im out of ideas on how to stop them from coming into the return pump chamber. I clean the collection cup of the protein skimmer daily....Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom