how do you get rid of Zoa eating nudibranchs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason

Aquarium Advice FINatic
For some reason, my tank is crawling with these little things. for the last 3 days I've probably killed about 20 a day with tweezers, but it seems like I'm not even making a dent.

I have a lot of zoas in my tank so i would really like to get this under control before I loose ANY of them much less ALL of them. Really, I don't even have a clue where they came from since I haven't added anything to the tank in about 2 months. I've read something about a freashwater dip with lugols, but I don't even know what lugols is..... so I'm at a loss.

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you sure they are nudibranches? Or maybe flatworms? There are red flatworms that will irritate corals but I don't know if they actually eat the corals. I have a pic of a white variety. Anything close to this?

You can remove the zoo rocks and freshwater dip them for about 2minutes. That is he best wy. Just make sure the freshwater is de cholrinated and the same temp as your tank. t will take a while but you will eventually win.

"If your working w/ alot of colonies, chemical baths might be your best bet. Lugol's iodine at 5ml/L for a 3 minute dip will kill them and will effect hatch rate of eggs. Another promising drug is Levamisole. Levamisole at 20ppm for a 24 hour bath will kill them and reduce the hatch rate of eggs." - Lefty(RC)

hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom