How many fish in a 150g tank? And how many angel fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScotJ

Aquarium Advice Activist
I know there are alot of options, and it'll vary based on size of the fish and such; but is there a general rule? Like 1 fish per 1.5g or something?

Also - I have one angel fish right now (not sure which type, he is brownish in color with dark yellow vertical stripes). I think they are awesome fish, and want to add a few more other angels; would it be posisble to have 4-5 in the same tank?

depends on size of fish. i have no clue about sw but i know gen speaking a 3-4 inch fish is going to be different then a 8-10 inch fish. stocking will depend on what fish you want.

I try not to get involved in the inch rule. It really involves size and if they are a messy eater or not. Messy eaters like eels and lionfish will allow less in your tank while community fish like tangs and other peaceful fish will allow more. I know that`s not the answer you wanted but I think it`s the right answer. IMO 6 or 7 inches of tangs (herbivores) is not equal to 6 or 7 inches of lionfish. What type of filtration are you using? That makes a difference also.

lol thanks thats what i was trying to say i just had zero examples on fish with larger bio loads lol

Back
Top Bottom