How many LPH/GPH?? HELP.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dannyb

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok. So i have a 55gallon/256litre tank.

It had about 50kg of live rock, And about 7 corals (Anenomes, Mushrooms, ect ect.)

Now i have one 3000LPH power head and had like another powerhead running the same time. I went to a couple of LFS and i think having the two it looked abit overkill, But seemed to keep the water clean.
Now today, I removed the "Other powerhead" and kept the 3000LPH one, Its moving all corals and turning the tank.
Now im wondering, Is that enough? Or should i put the other one back in there? I dont want a massive algae growth starting.

EDIT: also the "Otherpower Head" would have been pulling maybe a bit more then 3000LPH from the force is was shooting out.
Thanks heaps.

dude, im using 137gph(400LPH) stock in a biocube 14 gallon. Ur 3000LPH is probably too much? does your corals reach out at that much flow? some corals wont even extend out if theres too much water movement. Like the bubble coral?

Well i only removed the other powerhead today. And yes, Most where fully out expect one. And that made me think it may have to much flow. Well from what your saying, I think the 3000LPH should do it?

thanks.

thats about 790 gallons per hour flow rate, in that case, your getting almost 14 and a half times turn-over in an hour. Thats plenty already IMO. Now if your using a mechanical filter, and your turnover rate was over 10, thats very decent already.

Ahhk, Thanks.

Well when i was running the 2, Must of been doing at least 30 turnovers an hour. Abit overkill. Lol.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom