How often do you...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pisces3473

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've got quite a bit of build up of algae, slime, whatever all over my in tank equipment. I'm wondering if and how often some of you may clean your DT equipment. I don't have a sump and do not plan to have one anytime soon. Also, I believe my tank is still in the 'ugly stage.' Thanks in advance for any tips and advice.

Most of the time I usually just finger off the equipment and hope the snails and whoever pick up the debris. Same as when I clean the glass.

Clean it as often as you can. Use ro/di water with weekly water changes. And just keep cleaning... It's a pain in the butt. And frustrating.. But in time it will clear up.

Id say my powerheads maybe 2-3 times a year and my pump for my HOB skimmer the same. Not very ofter really. When I had hair algae I cleaned it all a lot to try and get it out of my tank but other than that I just let it sit and purple up...

I have a 5 gallon and started getting mad algae break outs. I just bought a turbo snail and a second emerald crab. After about a week and a half the tank is cleaner than it was before the algae started.

Back
Top Bottom