how often should i feed....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmh2536

Aquarium Advice Regular
Could someone tell me how often i should feed my lion fish and picasso trigger. I am currently feeding freeze-dried krill and frozen mysis shrimp...

They are really nasty eaters, Let me knkow the size that they ae currently. Also, I usually suggest for you just to feed them 2 times a day. Also, mix it up with different foods like squid or cockle in a shell. Remember that the moe diverse their diet the better.

Also, I usually suggest for you just to feed them 2 times a day.

I think that is highly inadvisable with the species mentioned. I would feed the lion a couple or three times per week and the trigger daily.

Fishboy-from-NY said:
I say feed them 2 times a day would be good.

I think that is highly inadvisable with the species mentioned. I would feed the lion a couple or three times per week and the trigger daily.

Yes really, the trigger is a scavanging predator that blows through sand eating crusteceans and should be fed daily, the lion, however, is a voracious eater and will literally eat itself to death. Predators do not eat everyday and their bodies and metabolism are evolved for more sparse feedings.

FWIW, I am not particularly fond of triggerfish and lions in the same tank, IME the triggers will begin nipping at and picking on the lionfish.

my trigger hasnt started to pick on my lion...but i'll keep an eye out for it..they actually seem to be getting along fine...the trigger doesnt get threatened when the lionfish goes in his "territory"

Back
Top Bottom