How to catch a wrasse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pizza101

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just wanting to get some ideas from everyone on how to catch a fish without pulling all my liverock out of my tank. But I have this wrasse who has single Handedly eaten some of my other fish and want to bring him back for an exchange at my LFS. Any ideas?

One of these, a little food, and a quick hand with a lot of patience lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121015_112101.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121015_112101.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 142
Line a hook and a piece of shrimp. That has always worked for me

sehrhart said:
Line a hook and a piece of shrimp. That has always worked for me

What kinda hook. I don't really want to hurt him but he has gotta go! :)

I got mine from my lfs. It's a very tiny hook I would just drop it in and yank them out. I did this with 3 damsels and a wrasse. A friend put them in his tank where they are still living today. A lot of people don't like this method but it worked I tried the trap first it didn't work for me. Good luck

I have a positive update on the wrasse status. I found online a makeshift fish catcher. I took a two liter bottle cut the top to the size of the fish I was going for, then cut along the seam where the label starts, invert the cutoff piece to the inside of the bottom half of the bottle and superglued it in. Then just put some brine shrimp in there and put on the sandbed and waited. He made his way in about 2 hours later he was being pulled out safely. tomorrow ill get credit at the LFS to buy a peaceful fish! Woohoo

Back
Top Bottom