Hvae any of you done bulk buys on salt mix?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinman

Aquarium Advice Freak
In need of more salt and was wondering if any of y'all have gotten together and done a big This portion of your post has been edited, it is in violation of the User Agreement. Further violations of the User Agreement could result in removal from our community. buy for salt. I seemed to have read somewhere that salt comes in 150 pound bags? The largest size I've seen are the 5 gallon buckets. I use IO BTW.

Spin

Please watch your choice of wording when posting. We have some very young members here who don't need help impressing their parents with the 'new lingo they learned on the Internet forums'.

I myself have never seen anything bigger than 5gal pails, but Lincoln isn't a big SW fish town.

Order online..
I got two 50lbs buckets of it the other day..
shipping is of course, a nightmarish price..

On Dr. Foster Smith it says there is no more high shipping charges when ordering salt, i dunno if it is a catch or what i never looked into it. so maybe it is really true maybe it isnt.

It is not a catch, I just ordered another bucket of oceanic salt and there was no weight surcharge.

Thanks so much for the Dr. Foster sale. Just ordered 5 buckets for $190 (no ship charge!).

Apologies for my vulgar reference to our cherished gluteus maximus.

Spin

they did remove the surcharge from the salt from Dr. Foster, but i looks like the prices went up a couple dollars... still a great deal though....

Back
Top Bottom