hydnaphora nd frog spawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ohio reefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
just got these two plugs from a friend i need some info on them if any one can give it. like position in tank, flow, genal temperment, etc.

thanks so much!

mark

My frogspawn is at the top with VHO lights and lots of flow to him. Seems to be OK with other corals

i have 2 x 400 watt mh. my frogspawn is on the bottom seems to be doing ok. my hydnophora is on the bottom also. i'm not sure i sould move him up or not seems to be doing well. any guidance would be appreciated.

thanks

mark

Hyndophora likes lots of flow and as much light as you can give it. I have both the encrusting type and the branching type at the top in lots of flow.

i have quite a bit of flow throughout (algea problem in the past). i'm wondering with my lighting sytem should i still put it towards the top?

2 x 400 watt wh 20k
2 x 55watt pc

120 gal tank

Depending on which you have, the branching type can handle it near the top. The encrusting type will do OK under less intensity. Is your tank a 4' tall since you only have 2 mh's? Normally 400's are used for deeper tanks.
And keep any other corals a good distance from the hydophora. They are aggressive and can kill anything to close to it.

If he`s doing OK where they are then leave it where it is. If not then move it up some and see.

Back
Top Bottom