hydor slim skim nano help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

classklown90

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just installed one of these today on my 34 long and its producing an insane amount of micro bubble out of the bottom. How can I stop this??

Unplug it. :) OK, bad attempt at humor. Wish I could help you but I know nothing about skimmers.

Neither do I, this is my first haha and so far I'm not happy

Hang in there. Everyone swears by them from what I saw. I am sure Carey will chime in here in a minute. She will help you out. Also, Mr._X and ccCapt seem to be extremely knowledgeable.

You probably have to adjust it. :) You want the bubbles to just come to the top of the tube. It could take hours of tweaking to get it right. But also keep in mind that skimmers take on average 2 weeks to break in so to say. Just adjust it so you get less bubbles and leave it for an hour or two to adjust. It's a try and try again type of thing.

The instructions are not user friendly for someone with no expierence so please bare with me lol by adjust, do you mean the nozzle that's attached to the air line? As far as I know that's all I can adjust

My biocube skimmer had an air pump with it and a knob that you adjusted to get more or less air. if thats the case I;d try to get less air.

My remora has a cup that adjusts up and down, Up for less foam, down for more wetter skimmate.

My eshopps has a handle that I turn to allow more or less air into the column.

Those are the only ones I'm familar with sorry. But I'm guessing it uses one of the three methods.

After adjusting the air flow though it doesnt happen immediately, you gotta give it some time. So do tiny adjustments and wait.

Back
Top Bottom