i can't rid my sump of microbubbles!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smonkey15

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi, i have a 20 gallon sump, a mag 18 on one end and the water line from the tank on the other. i have bubble baffles dividing the area where water enters and where the pump is. i thought the baffles would get rid of the microbubbles but there are still tons of them clouding up my tank. what do i do? is there some sort of like spunge type thing i could stick between baffles to cathe the bubbles or something? anyboyd know how to defeat the bubbles? thanks

I would have the water dump into a tupperware container (holes drilled in the top half of the container) using either a sponge or a polyester filter material. This should remove the majority of the bubbles (the baffles should handle and stray bubbles and allow for easy cleaning. Just make sure you clean it often, once per week at the minimum.

reefrunner69 said:
using either a sponge or a polyester filter material. This should remove the majority of the bubbles
:wink:

Cheers
Steve

where do i put the sponge or polyester material? over the holes i drill? or over the top of the tupperware?

Back
Top Bottom