I dont know if my water parameters are ok

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i dont think its possible for those params to exist. With Ca that high, your alk should be ridiculously low and then your ph should drop with it. The only given that your alk and ph are in reason, your ca test is probably wrong. What test kit are you using for calcium? Also, retest your ca and see if you get more reasonable results

You need to get a test where the alk. has a stated number not a range. Have you been using some kind of buffer/chemical to get to a Ca reading of 860?? It is extremely high...
On pH, when was this reading taken? It should be taken around midday (well, tank's midday 6-7hrs after turning lights on) as this is when the tank is stable with all processes leveled out after the night. If it was taken at midday then you have your ph a bit low.

I would try to raise pH to 8.2 at midday have your alk at 8-10°dkH if fish only or 10-12°dkh if you keep LPS or SPS corals. And would very carefully in doing this because you will get calcium precipitation with the levels you actually have. Good luck :wink:

Back
Top Bottom