I would like to add some more of the dry marco rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbannie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm thinking of adding more rock to my tank. When I started I used marcorocks dry base rock, and some LR from my LFS. I would like to add some more of the dry marco rocks, do I need to go through any kind of a process before putting it in the tank?

the only thing i could think of is to soak it and make sure its not leaching anything into the water, but me personally would just rinse in SW and add

Me too. But I have been known to put new rock in a bucket of old water with a powerhead and an air pump to clean it out a bit.

That rock has a long history of contained dried organics that when re-hydrated will cause an ammonia spike. The now sell pre-cured rock meaning they keep it under a shower spray for a while before packing it. I would still put the rock in a container outside the tank for a week with salt water, a heater and a powerhead, and check the levels at the end of the week.

yeah, , it comes from Florida......good to know! Glad I waited to hear from you guys!

Back
Top Bottom