Ibrahim's 25g Mixed Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
That's really too bad....they do look good from what I hear but I can see how they might not be bright enough....do you have a link handy for the lights? Just so I can see what DOES'NT work. lol

Do you have a backup in mind?

I've still got my 12w compact florescent lights but I've returned my stunner strips :(
I'm just going to wait it out before I buy another fixture since I might be upgrading and I don't want have to return a fixture that's too short. Bummer since I was going to pick up some corals from Mr Coral this weekend. Here's the link http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=370531750224&cmd=VIDESC

Looked like a good light from the description, especially with all those leds'. But they didnt post the wattage for each so that's kinda a warning sign.

Good luck, theres tons of other good lights out there, just have to find em lol

carey said:
Looked like a good light from the description, especially with all those leds'. But they didnt post the wattage for each so that's kinda a warning sign.

Good luck, theres tons of other good lights out there, just have to find em lol

Yep. I've heard great things about these http://www.aquatraders.com/LED-Reef-Bright-p/56212.htm So I may just go with that or a par38 bulb. But first I need to find a tank. Im thinking of this http://www.google.com/m/products/de...15+gal+coloumn&hl=en&cid=13610062066040725267 or http://www.google.com/m/products/de...g&q=16+gal+bow+front&cid=14071091417021703506

I'm liking the bow one, the column is gonna need good lights and it's kinda limiting, unless you want seahorses. I was looking at that exact tank in petco and considered seahorses for it. lol But their creepiness won out, so I passed. LOL

Year I tried the stunner strips to they were useless picked up the 1 watt marineland reef capable Lights !!! I tried a ton of them before. I purchased these and none are equal the radion is awsome but price and fan was a issue I will never put a fan on my tank ever again no matter what don't forget it's not fluorescents LEDs don't spread so no matter how much u spend u need multiple units 1 light will not cut it!! Even with the radion !!!

Smithcinema said:
Year I tried the stunner strips to they were useless picked up the 1 watt marineland reef capable Lights !!! I tried a ton of them before. I purchased these and none are equal the radion is awsome but price and fan was a issue I will never put a fan on my tank ever again no matter what don't forget it's not fluorescents LEDs don't spread so no matter how much u spend u need multiple units 1 light will not cut it!! Even with the radion !!!

Really? I like mines alot lol. Maybe it's cuz I had two.

The refugium came today but I haven't put it on the back since there isn't enough space. I'm going to put it on the 7g though. I've got bioballs from my 75g which have got bacteria, live sand from my 75g, and filter floss. But here's how it looks:

Attachments

• image-4168606449.jpg
    image-4168606449.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 89
carey said:
Sounds good. The rio was like $20 bucks from my lfs and I figure I can always find a use for an extra pump somewhere. lol I tried it with a tetra airpump which might have been my problem. Make sure you let us (me!) know how it works out.

Well I had to use all 3 airpumps and the pump it came with but now the flow is kind of like a gentle stream which is great for a refugium........I think lol. Lights shipped today too so estimated arrival on ups said Wednesday. Any suggestions on which bulbs I should go with? I know I'm going to go with a mixture of black and white sand to create a marble look so the corals pop and so it isn't as much as a pain to clean like pure black sand. Sorta like this but with more black

Attachments

• image-3193987084.jpg
    image-3193987084.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 79
This is the mix of sand I'm going with

Attachments

• image-1845328622.jpg
    image-1845328622.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 83
  • image-3412860769.jpg
    image-3412860769.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 68
Nice. I'm thinking of going with black sand when I move in the spring. Take a pic when its all in the tank lol.

Moved everything and it's to be going well. Added 18lbs of lr and now it's way too much lol But is w/e since I'll rescape. I'm loving the sand and the fish are eating already! I've also got the refugium set up. So here's everything 2 long hours later lol........

Attachments

• image-2223356375.jpg
    image-2223356375.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 86
  • image-735747588.jpg
    image-735747588.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 83
  • image-2473521452.jpg
    image-2473521452.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 71
BallinCrew10 said:
Looks good. I like the aquascape how it is. Though for corals I could see changing it lol.

Yea I'm going to shorten it a bit since it's too tall lol.

Nice. I'm thinking of going with black sand when I move in the spring. Take a pic when its all in the tank lol.

DO IT! It looks amazing. But all black would be a pain to clean. I'd recommend you do a mix of 2 1/2 parts of black sand to 1 part white and it look incredible awesome. And if it gets dirty it'll blend in with the white and look normal. Petco sand is my favorite since it comes in many colors and a gravel vacuum can be used it in with minimal loss of sand.

Turns out the feather duster is alive!

image-3823325255.jpg

A closer shot of the sand

Attachments

• image-2378670202.jpg
    image-2378670202.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 84
Yea I would mix the black with some of my current sand to seed it. Looks good. Good news on the feather duster. Mine just left its tube never to be seen again lol.

Back
Top Bottom