Ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

d9hp

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been slowly convincing my parents to get a tank for the kitchen, and since I think I am getting a job at the LFS, the price will be reasonable. Is it at all feasable to do a 55 gallon tank, cheap stand, 20 gallon sump with skimmer. If I had the money I will do a Fluval 404 filter too. Does this sound like a good plan. I think I might eventually add some LR. I am not sure of this though. What do you guys think.

P.S. I love the violatin lion, humu-humu trigger, banded shark, and zebra moray eel.

I am still pretty new at this, but I have 55 gal, fluval 404, bakpak2 and about 25lbs of live rock. I was told that the volilten lion would quickly outgrow the 55g soI got a radiant lion. I also have a snowflake eel, a huma huma trigger and a hippo tang. Everything is (knock on wood) going really well with my tank. I would highly reccomend some sort of protien skimmer, b/c the huma, lion and eel are all messy eaters.
GOOD LUCK! :D

That would be a nice small tank. You will have to choose diffrent fish. All of your choices need much larger thank to thrive.

umm.. i agree with conspicman... most of the fishes you choose will outgrow your tank.. you have a 20g sump so all together your tank has 75g.. well you said you would have a skimmer in the sump so i guess that will help with the bioload.. other than that i guess if you can get an even bigger tank you can house them more comfortably.. as these fishes mature, i'm pretty sure that you will have pass the "rule of thumbs"..

If you start with a baby volitan, it will be a VERY long time before it outgrows your tank. By that time, you will have upgraded anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom