Intake Overflow Box Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bhunsucker

Aquarium Advice Freak
How do I keep my fish of the intake overflow box inside my tank. When I woke up this morining I had a couple small fish in the back of my tank in the overflow. Thanks for the pre-filter!!

Any ideas on how to prevent this. I'm just getting started.

Thanks

I am not sure I am seeing how yours is set up...on my intake box, the edge is above the water, fish could not get in it unless they "jumped" out of the water and into the box.

What type of overflow do you have? Most overflows have little fingers that help strain the water going into the overflow. If your fish are smaller than these fingers are wide than your going to have problems. If the fish are getting over top of the overflow and into it you could try cutting some egg crate and cutting it to fit over top of the overflow box. This way the fish would have to fit between the 1/2" squares to get in. But also note it will be important to keep these squares free of debris or your tank will overflow.

My overflow is just a box no "fingers" the system is a wet/dry by "The Mini Thunder by DLS Aquatics". I've got the water going over the top of the intake box just barely. Could I have my water level to high? I have no idea but I've got to get this stopped. Thanks for all your help.

Back
Top Bottom